About Me

My photo
I love spending a lot of time with myself and to me, the best places to hang around with friends are coffee-shops. yes, am addicted to chai and coffee. Four things I can't do without- Dreams, Hopes, a sound sleep nd positivity around ! :)offcourse, they can't replace family and friends :) Despite all the good the world seems to offer, true happiness can only be found in one thing - Shopping!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy 2014 : )

As another year comes to a close, take time to think about people in your life who made 2013 a little different. Without them, you wouldn’t have been what you are today. The experiences that shaped you into a better individual. Take time to say thank you, in writing if you can. A text or email won’t do. I feel, the magic that a paper and a pen can create cannot be created by typing it on a word pad. You have to feel the beautiful curls of the cursive to thank people from the bottom of your heart who loved you & made 2013 an incredible one for you and, see the ink bleed through the paper for those taught you few precious lessons. Sounds crazy, right? I mean, thanking those who didn’t make you happy. No. It isn’t crazy. I promise you won’t regret it as it will bring some clarity to your own life. It’ll set you free. Something both poignant and frightening about writing is its permanence. A heartfelt letter might be kept forever. If you choose to use your words for good, the recipient might find your thank you years later, at a time when they need encouragement, and maybe it’ll inspire them to do the same to someone else or to not do what shouldn’t have been done.

To me, this is the intrinsic beauty in writing. This is why I hope to make a career of this craft someday, so that I can use the power of the written word to make the world a bit happier of a place. Even if it’s just by brightening one person’s day or telling someone how wonderful they are. I’ll be glad that I could at least make few happy.

So I’d like to say one final thank you to those who strengthened my belief that world is a beautiful place and to those who didn’t let me forget that indeed it’s beautiful but nothing is perfect and things do go wrong, the beauty lies in getting up and having that big smile on face and think that from this moment, it can just get better : )

And like every year, one resolution – Whatever I choose, how many roads I travel, I hope that I never be dishonest.

The Cake I baked for NYE :)

A GLIMPSE OF 2013 and the years gone by : )

2013 has been a strange year after a happy 2012, academically and professionally. I would just call it an ‘okay’ year. I don’t know why.

Let’s say it taught a lot of lessons or may be, that’s a sign of growing up or maturity.

Few Things 2013 and the years gone by taught me:

1. Not everyone you meet is going to be honest. Trust yourself that when people lie to you, you will learn that it’s in your good interest to forgive them, remember it all as a lesson, bake a cake and eat. Oh! Yeah, my new found love – baking : )


What people say might eventually turn out to be not true. But then what if you do not believe in what people say, this might take away people who are honest to you because you will keep doubting them. So I guess, it’s better to trust people and get hurt than not trust them at all – who knows who is worth all this trust : )

2. You should never have regrets in life. Say what you feel. It’s better to look back at life and say: I must have been crazy to do that than say: I wish I did that. Saying what you feel isn’t an act of selfishness but an act of bravery. Take the risk! It will make you happy.

3. If anyone breaks your trust, then you’ll need time to be okay but then it’s definite that you will be okay.

4. There will be times when you’ll doubt if being a hardcore optimistic is good but trust me, it is not just good but it’s absobloodylutely awesome.

5. That person you see in the mirror, needs your love the most.

6. If you are ever uncertain about anything, leave. You are yet to reach a place where you’ll be hundred per cent sure and there’ll be no uncertainity.

7. You need someone who will lift you up. Who has as much drive and ambition as you do. Who wants to go to the places you want to go. Who will support you on the way there. Someone who isn’t jealous of your accomplishments, but praises them. Someone who isn’t looking to compete with you and that person is no one else but you : )

8. Never be afraid to say you messed up. It’s better to admit your faults than pretend you have none. Nobody is perfect.

9. From time to time, we are all unkind. At least, I know I am. In the heat of a moment, I forget that the person in front of me is wrestling with their own demons, trying to make it through the day; just trying to do their best. Sometimes I think we forget that the person we see in the mirror is trying to do their best too. And maybe if we learn to be kinder to ourselves, we’ll be kinder to others too.

10. Take a day off. Sometimes we need a day off especially if it just seems little disappointments keep knocking us to the ground. Many of us are much stronger than we think but there are days we will have where even getting out of bed seems like too much to ask. Just take a day off and do nothing but eat, sleep and watch TV. You’re a human being not a machine. Work is important and so is your own self.

11. I wonder at times, why couples break up or why marriages fail? And I just don’t get the answer. Are some problems even bigger than love between two people or is it not possible to stay in love with someone all your life? Won’t we make compromises/sacrifices/changes in our life to make it work? I guess, all we need is two people who are willing to stand by each other through every thick and thin of life. I still have no answer to the question that why some relationships don’t work out unless… I don’t know. I am yet to experience this phase.

12. STOP being judgmental. STOP!

13. Be a little more kind than you were yesterday.

14. Be thankful for everything and to everyone.



Wish you all a very happy new year! May your happiness quadruple in 2014 and you get to experience every joy that you’ve imagined : )


Love xoxo
Astha



No comments: