About Me

My photo
I love spending a lot of time with myself and to me, the best places to hang around with friends are coffee-shops. yes, am addicted to chai and coffee. Four things I can't do without- Dreams, Hopes, a sound sleep nd positivity around ! :)offcourse, they can't replace family and friends :) Despite all the good the world seems to offer, true happiness can only be found in one thing - Shopping!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bubblegums and Candies ! :)



Just finished reading ’34 Bubblegums and Candies’ by Preeti Shenoy: )

Honestly, not worth wasting your precious 1 hour on the book. It’s a collection of 34 real life incidents. It seems to be a bad effort to copy my favourite ‘Chicken Soup for the Soul’. The book doesn’t deliver what it promises. It says – It is one book that will tempt you, making you want to taste it, chew it, relish it. 

The only think I like is the title ‘Bubblegums and Candies’. That’s how each day is – like a bubblegum which is tasteless when chewed for long and the bubble explodes leaving you with a sticky mess or like a candy : )

Now, I'll start with some other book : )

2 comments:

kanupriya said...

i too loved the name bubble gum and candies.. what is this the indianised version of chicken soup??

Astha Mehta said...

Chicken Soup is much much better :) But yeah, Bubblegums and Candies is an indianized version of CS.